blue Tuesday

Sometimes blue is lovely and joyful and filled with sunlight. At other times, however, it is sad and shedding tears of loneliness and sorrow. Today is one of those "blue" days...but it will be better tomorrow...I think.

blue tuesday
I am so tired of trying
Weary of seeking and searching
     and welcoming the inner jagged
     landscape of my heart
So tired of bearing
Heavy burdens of my own
     and others who assume my collar
     invites their confession
I long for rest
For respite from the care and toil
     of going it alone for
     nearly twenty years
How did I get to this place
Which I do not recognize
     and reconcile its strangeness
     with the fact it is my life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a Mixed Bag...

A Response...of Sorts

In Kenya...