Thank You...

As another glorious autumn day draws to a close, as I sit before
the fire in warm, cuddly pajamas, my dear friend, Mae, across
the room, reading, I am overcome with gratitude...
for a day yesterday spent walking and talking and sharing...
for the wonderful Greensboro Historical Museum...
for cheesecakes by Alex...
for warm and comforting homemade vegetable soup... 
for Thursday evening's dinner at Bistro B with Marie and all of its
    joy and laughter...
for today's quick trip to Wilmington to see my daughter, Hope,
    her significant other, Matty, and granddaughter, Lindsay, and
    lunch with our Rwandan friend, Innocent...
for the gift and blessing of friendship...
for my comfortable little car...
for the beautiful, bountiful leaves which gently cover my yard...
for a daughter and two sons, loving and caring, each one...
for nine incredible grandchildren...
for health and happiness, resilience and restoration...
for life itself- every blessed moment...
            I give thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Response...of Sorts

Life is a Mixed Bag...

In Kenya...