Happy Third Birthday, Rollin




Three years ago today a beautiful little boy came into this world, into our family. Bearing a family name and uniting two families of children, Rollin Wilde has brought delight and joy with every day of his young existence.


Happiness is his most perpetual mien, and the irresistible sound of his laughter rings throughout the child-filled home of my son and daughter-in-law.

 
Being a grandmother has been and continues to be one of the most joy-filled experiences of my life. I love being called "Grandma Linny", to receive hugs from each one of the grands, to listen to their stories and be part of their lives. But this exalted position carries with it a heavy responsibility, that of being a good role model...to live my life in such a way that my values show...my beliefs show...my zest for living shows...and to demonstrate to them the beauty and joy of aging in a way that makes the grands glad to have me as part of their young lives.



Tomorrow is the party...the Rollie is THREE party, when the family will come together to celebrate the joy of this beautiful young life...to sing "Happy Birthday to You" with great gusto...to watch three candles blown out while the light of this young life glows with energy and beauty, creativity and joy. Happy Birthday, Rollin. I love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a Mixed Bag...

A Response...of Sorts

In Kenya...