Carolina Snowfall...

According to the Farmers' Almanac, North Carolina was supposed to get snow today- so it arrived one day early. Still, not bad for predicting a year in advance, especially with regards to the weather here in the Piedmont, which can change from hour-to-hour, let alone day-to-day. Looking out the windows of my study, I can see the pristine white of the yard, the white icing on the tree branches. But all too soon, as the temperatures rise today, the snow white beauty will disappear, and by mid-week the weather prognosticators are promising temperatures in the sixties. Reminders that this is one area of life (of course there are many, but we like to fool ourselves) which we cannot control...which operates on its own natural cycle. Oh, yes, as a species we can impact it on a grand, overall scale, and we should be ever mindful of that. But here in High Point, NC, sitting at my desk, gazing out the window, I can only marvel at the surprises and glories and wonders of the natural world- and give thanks for the reminder that everything is not in my hands...thanks be to God!




PSALM 8- revisioned...
Everywhere I look,
I see the evidene of
your creative energy O Source of Life.
The moon and stars shine
with your glory.
The flowers and trees radiate
your presence.
The creatures of the earth
and sky and sea show
the wonder of your imagination.
When I behold the amazing
beauty of the earth and skies,
I hold my breath in awe.
And, as I  regard the incredible
beauty and diversity of
humanity, I am struck by
our seeming insignificance
in the scheme of things.
Yet I think, I feel, I reason,
I exist...and so, I give praise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Response...of Sorts

Life is a Mixed Bag...

In Kenya...