Monday Morning...

Be content with what you have;
rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you. -Lao-Tzu

monday morning...
the morning is fleeting...
yet what is more important at this moment

than being here, listening to
chanting, enchanting voices from the CD player,

sipping coffee from my new, handmade-by-a-friend
coffee mug, watching the flickering candles

and the heavy gray air outside my windows...
reading, writing, thinking, while an occasional tear glides

down my cheek, a tender smile
parts my lips.

Here
Now
present in this present moment...
for where else should I be?

breath in
breath out
this is my life...thanks be to God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a Mixed Bag...

A Response...of Sorts

In Kenya...