Tuesday, Tuesday...

Well, dear ones, i'm sitting in my living room chair once again, looking out at a gray and windy morning, contemplating the day ahead. This hasn't happened in some time and i'm thoroughly enjoying this quiet, unhurried time before the day actually "begins"...just reading and thinking and writing, easing into the day in a way which i find incredibly energizing and healing. Two of my favorite writers, Joan Chittister and Mark Nepo, accompany me, inspire me, prod me into thinking deeply...and across the room, a lovely white peony stands tall and straight, releasing a gentle fragrance into the room, the incense of holiness captured in this embodiment of beauty. Ahead lies a full day of appointments and tasks and even as i contemplate the hours, i rest in the many words of truth which have been entering into me, becoming part of me... opening me to seeing life through lenses of love, opening me to letting go of my need to plan and control, opening me to send love out into the world- to each one of you- even as i spread my arms wide to receive whatever the day has to offer.

May your day be filled with both poetry and plenty...may you find within yourself the awareness that you lack nothing, that all you need for this day is within and around you. May you live in the awareness that transformation happens only when we stop resisting and let go- of plans, of control, of expectations. Live in peace, dear ones, and know every moment that you are loved.

the past...
i peer over my shoulder
into the past
even as my feet take me
into the future
i walk the road before me
with confidence
that at each twist and turn
     the strength i've gained
     the wisdom learned
     the sorrows borne
     the pain suffered
     the love experienced
will bear me up
and light my way
no matter what befalls-
a gift of grace on which
     to build my day

words...
WE CAN NEVER BE PREPARED FOR EVERYTHING.
Wise words from the contemporary sage
who guides my day, who eases me
daily into a life of challenge
mixed with hope.

LET GO OF EXPECTATIONS.
More wise words from the youthful sprite
who guides my yoga practice,
who leads my aging body into poses
which stretch and strengthen.

GOD IS SELDOM IN OUR PLANS, BUT ALWAYS IN THE UNEXPECTED.
Still more wise words emerging
from my morning contemplation,
which shapes my thinking,
sets my intention for what is to come-
     another day of living
     another day of life
     another day of hope and joy
     another day shaped by truth
     another wholly holy day.

Comments

  1. Yet again, your beautiful words have moved me! I have goose bumps! Thank you for your words!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a Mixed Bag...

A Response...of Sorts

In Kenya...